The best way to keep your home as clean as possible is to hire a professional maid service to clean your home on a regular basis. However, if you’re set on spending your precious free time on doing it all on your own, we can help you out by providing you help with organizing a daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning routine.
Daily cleaning checklist
Here’s what you should do on a daily basis if you’re looking to keep your home neat and tidy:
- Make the bed
- Place all dirty clothes in a hamper
- When enough dirty clothes pile up, do a load of laundry
- Wipe all the counters after preparing a meal
- Wash the dishes or place them in a dishwasher
- Declutter every day for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wipe bathroom and kitchen sinks
Weekly cleaning checklist
The daily cleaning tasks will keep your home as tidy as possible. Weekly cleanings are the time when you really get down to business. You can separate your weekly cleaning tasks day-by-day, so as to minimize the time spent on each one:
- Monday – Wash all the bed linens.
- Tuesday – Wipe the interior of your windows.
- Wednesday – Clean your stove.
- Thursday – Scrub down any dirt and smudges off the walls.
- Friday – Vacuum your furniture.
- Saturday – Clean the exterior of your windows.
- Sunday – Mop your tile floors and vacuum all the carpets.
Seasonal cleaning checklist
Finally, you need to do more thorough cleaning every season. Seasonal cleaning is mostly deep cleaning, and it requires more time and effort, so you’re best off hiring experienced house cleaning pros to help you out. However, if you still want to go it alone, here’s a checklist divided into seasons and months of the year:
Winter – Wintertime is great for cleaning the often-neglected out-of-the-way parts of your household.
- December – Dispose of any unused medication and empty and thoroughly wipe all the cabinets.
- January – Clean the areas behind your dryer, washer, refrigerator, and furniture.
- February – Steam-clean all your carpets.
Spring – Spring is the best season for taking care of your clothing.
- March – Empty your closets, donate all the clothes you’re no longer wearing, and reorganize your wardrobe.
- April – Clean all your window exteriors, as well as the screens.
- May – Wash your blankets, duvets, comforters, and other large pieces of bedding.
Summer – Summer is great for taking care of the basement and the garage.
- June – Reorganize and clean your basement and your garage.
- July – Empty all the drawers and dressers, and clean the insides.
- August – Clean all your walls, and retouch the paint if necessary.
Fall – Fall is a good time of the year to clean your clothes and large appliances.
- September – Reorganize your dressers for the cold season.
- October – Deep clean your stove, refrigerator, and freezer.
- November – Organize and consolidate your personal files.
As you can see, a lot of work goes into properly cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of your home. If that’s not something you want to waste your free time on, you can always rely on North Dallas Maid Service to take care of it for you. The cleaners we partner with perform the most detailed house cleaning services for residents of Frisco and the surrounding areas, and you can feel easy knowing your home is in good hands.